The Poker Frog

An online discussion blog about the semi-regular Texas Hold'em Tournament and its coveted prize trophy

Sunday, September 03, 2006

I just won another online tournament

Well I seem to be on a roll in online tournaments even though I can't seem to find my ass from a hole in the wall in the Poker Frog tournaments. This time I won a tournament with over $700 players and netted $728!!!

This tournament was a $5 buy in "Turbo" tournament. I don't play those much but I may start more and more. Instead of the customary 8 or 12 minute blind escalations the blinds escalate every 3 minutes. And remember unlike our home game the blind escalations are very very steep, usually doubling each round or two.

In this kind of tournament I try to play alot of hands early before the blinds get out of hand and I got lucky a couple of times and got some donkeys to give me all their chips. Because of the size of the tournament the top 80 were paid. I was able to get into the top 40 pretty easily but the blinds had escalated so much by that point you were easily going to go all in in any hand, and better be prepared to. I limped into the top 20 but was in 18th place and the blinds were almost half my chip stack. i won several hands all in and made it to the final table as the chip leader. I took out like 5 straight players and finally got the table to succumb to my chip stack.

Pretty cool, and the money does not hurt either. My goal is to win enough of a bankroll to start playing some of the qualifier tournaments for the WSOP next Spring and win a ticket to the 2007 WSOP. We will see if I can keep it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home